The Rocket Programming Guide
Welcome to Rocket!
This is the official guide. It is designed to serve as a starting point to writing web application with Rocket and Rust. The guide is also designed to be a reference for experienced Rocket developers. This guide is conversational in tone. For concise and purely technical documentation, see the API documentation.
The guide is split into several sections, each with a focus on a different aspect of Rocket. The sections are:
- Introduction: introduces Rocket and its philosophy.
- Quickstart: presents the minimal steps necessary to run your first Rocket application.
- Getting Started: a gentle introduction to getting your first Rocket application running.
- Overview: describes the core concepts of Rocket.
- Requests: discusses handling requests: control-flow, parsing, and validating.
- Responses: discusses generating responses.
- Testing: how to unit test a Rocket application.
- Pastebin: a tutorial on how to create a pastebin with Rocket.
- Conclusion: concludes the guide and discusses next steps for learning.
The official support channel is via the Mozilla IRC Server at
irc.mozilla.org in channel
#rocket. If you’re not familiar with IRC, see Mozilla’s Getting Started with IRC guide. You can find general Rust support in
#rust-beginners on the same network.